Interview with Tamara Rojo
Documento senza titolo
I want to understand why things are done in a certain way and how we arrived to do them in that way. Why Cecchetti, Vaganova and Balanchine's techniques exist: what they mean and what those who use them want to communicate. For me this is one of the most interesting things, which I discovered and understood when I left Spain, but during the last times with Ullate too: I was working with him and thinking that this way of dancing was the only one. Then I met other teachers and I discovered that there are many aspects to develop and that we can dance the same roles in many different ways: a role never has an end, it grows up with me and changes with me, with my experiences. I'm really interested in all these things, but unfortunately this is not simple to find. I've been really lucky, but sadly it's really not so easy to find: so for me it's a passion, but I also feel I have this responsibility, to transmit everything they taught me to the next generations, to teens who maybe hear these things for the very first time. After the first time you taste it, you can't dance in the same way anymore: after you have felt dance in that way, you'll search for it for the rest of your life. I think that it's important to try to transmit this concept to them. Then they'll find their own way of dancing, but it's fundamental to make them understand what dance really is, how the work is… it's not "show me how to do fouettes", but why we do them…
I want to understand why things are done in a certain way and how we arrived to do them in that way. Why Cecchetti, Vaganova and Balanchine's techniques exist: what they mean and what those who use them want to communicate. For me this is one of the most interesting things, which I discovered and understood when I left Spain, but during the last times with Ullate too: I was working with him and thinking that this way of dancing was the only one. Then I met other teachers and I discovered that there are many aspects to develop and that we can dance the same roles in many different ways: a role never has an end, it grows up with me and changes with me, with my experiences. I'm really interested in all these things, but unfortunately this is not simple to find. I've been really lucky, but sadly it's really not so easy to find: so for me it's a passion, but I also feel I have this responsibility, to transmit everything they taught me to the next generations, to teens who maybe hear these things for the very first time. After the first time you taste it, you can't dance in the same way anymore: after you have felt dance in that way, you'll search for it for the rest of your life. I think that it's important to try to transmit this concept to them. Then they'll find their own way of dancing, but it's fundamental to make them understand what dance really is, how the work is… it's not "show me how to do fouettes", but why we do them…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home